BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - CHEMICALS
will take over a mix of existing accounts and new sales. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and hunger for chasing and closing new business through cold calls and inbound warm leads.
- Presenting the Company to prospect and customers through direct communication, in face to face meetings, telephone calls and e-mails.
- Developing goals for the international sales force under the supervision of EMEA Sales Director and Chemical Market Advisor.
- Supports the Chemical Business EU & APAC
- Developing and managing Indirect Channel
- Supporting the international Selerant sales force in chemical opportunities
- Coordinating the Chemical sales team
- Attending meetings and events with clients and potential clients.
- Generating leads and appointments for preliminary interviews and briefings
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills
- Collaborating with Marketing on planning and overseeing marketing initiatives
- Representing the Company at industry events and trade shows.
- Identifying and influencing customer’s key decision makers
- Driving business development and effectively manage all buying cycles and pipeline EU & APAC
- Reporting on Business Development activities to the EMEA Sales Director and in dot line to the Chemical Market Advisor.
- Elaborating proposals for clients and any subsequent documentation, with the support and approval of the EU & APAC Client Management Director.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the client’s objectives, their organization, their personnel.
- Interacting with other departments of the Company especially the Professional Service, Engineering, HR, and technical teams.
- Being informed about issues affecting the industry sector and collect competitor information.
- Ensuring that the Company remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- Maintaining contacts with other Senior Management Team to ensure a cross flow of information.
- Producing a spreadsheet of opportunities and leads which are updated on a weekly basis with high accuracy and on time.
- Monitoring and reporting upon client satisfaction and produce information on a quarterly basis for the OKR.
- Applying the MEDDIC Sales Methodology and the Company business sales process with the RACI approach
- Identifying customer requirements, influence strategic direction and buying decisions
- Being diligent with high accuracy on the CRM Netsuite and Hubspot
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in enterprise software sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication in Italian an English skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
Reporting and collaboration line
- This role reports to EU & APAC SALES DIRECTOR
Cross-functional Collaboration Matrix:
- Chemical Market Advisor
- Ehs Regulatory Specialist
- Ehs Technical Project Manager
- Other departments
Selerant is a family-orientated company which offers a rewarding and collaborative working culture where every team member has the opportunity to contribute in a thriving environment were continuous improvement and innovation is highly valued.
Employees enjoy favorable conditions including a competitive salary and flexi-working (work-from-home).
How to apply:
Please send your application, CV and cover letter to
Applications may also be submitted via LinkedIn (please include your CV).
Applications close on 25/05/2020
A competitive market salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
Selerant honors its commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and gives special consideration to candidates in protected categories.
Selerant is an equal opportunities employer.