Are you a high caliber, dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Business Analyst in Milan area?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Selerant is a leading provider of project lifecycle management (PLM) software and works with some of the world’s largest manufacturers and best-known brands.
Our software supports hundreds of companies around the globe in the Food & Beverage, Cosmetics and Chemical industries, manages their new product development process, regulatory compliance and quality management needs.
Due to strong business growth, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our international team.
The Senior Business Analyst is a key role within our Product and Solution Management group, focusing on the elicitation and definition of comprehensive business, stakeholder and solution requirements that specify product solutions that satisfy our customer business needs.
You will work closely with Product/ Solution Managers, Product Owners, Solution Architects and Subject Matter Experts in order to define needs and recommend solutions that deliver value to our global client base.
Your goal is to understand of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice in order to provide a business-oriented solution.
This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and innovative software company!
- Work with the product owner or project sponsor to document the project’s business requirements.
- Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user class characteristics.
- Identify appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiate their responsibilities.
- Collect requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Decompose high-level business and stakeholder requirements into solution requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail and in appropriate forms suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
- Specify quality attributes, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as visual analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or simulations, where appropriate.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Manage the creation and use of requirements trace information.
- Track requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including the continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
Skills & Competencies
To be successful in this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and competencies
- 3-5 years of proven experience within business analysis domain, working in a software development environment.
- Knowledge of modern requirements engineering processes and standards
- IIBA/IREB/OMG certification is a significant advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experienced in requirements engineering with differing software development methodologies (Agile, SAFe, etc)
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed.
- Knowledge of existing tools for requirements development and requirements management to be able to choose appropriate tools for a given project and environment.
- Application domain knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with user representatives and be able to work effectively with them.
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, proactive and results-oriented mindset
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision and have strong work initiative
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-starter who can work both independently and within a team
- Is able to work effectively within geographically dispersed teams, including projects where the BA will be remote from the rest of the project team.
- Contribute to an established and experienced team
- Mature and highly professional Selerant leadership team
- Product training and development programs
- Become a critical part of an international product development, supporting software that that has a global user base.
Reporting & Collaboration Lines
This role reports to the Business Analyst Team Lead, who in return reports directly to the Global Director, Product & Solutions Management
Cross-functional Collaboration Matrix
- Marketing Solution Managers
- Product Owners
- Programme/Technical Project Managers
- Project Delivery teams – BAs, DEV/UI/UX engineers, QA, technical writers
- HR and Line Managers
- Sales & Marketing teams
- Professional Services team
- Friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you
- Chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for product innovation within the industries we serve
- Fast growing international company
- Collaborative and friendly working atmosphere
- Partly or fully paid training (according to importance)
- Long-term projects with significant added-value for our global customers
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus program
- Close cooperation with highly skilled professionals, functional and technical experts
- Opportunity for professional and career growth
- Flexible Smart working policy since 2017
Selerant is a family-orientated company which offers a rewarding and collaborative working culture where every team member has the opportunity to contribute in a thriving environment were continuous improvement and innovation is highly valued.
Employees enjoy favourable conditions including a competitive salary and flexi-working (work-from-home).
How to apply:
Please send your application, CV and cover letter to
Applications may also be submitted via LinkedIn (please include your CV).
Applications close on 30/10/2021.
A competitive market salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
Selerant honors its commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999