New Software Offers Pre-Configured Formula-Based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) for Food & Beverage Products
New York, New York– March 6, 2018 – Selerant, a leading global provider of formula-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software, today announced the release of its new DevEX Baseline System for food and beverage manufacturers.
“Manufacturers need applications that provide speed, agility, accuracy and ability to track the subtle changes across multiple product lines and regions in a global marketplace,” notes Gartner, Inc. in Hype Cycle for Process Manufacturing and PLM, Michelle Duerst, Simon F Jacobson, Rick Franzosa, July 19, 2017.
From idea to label, Selerant’s core DevEX PLM platform enables companies to unify and control critical aspects of New Product Development and Introduction (NPDI), including innovation and R&D, specification and formulation management, product portfolio management, compliance, and packaging.
“DevEX Baseline for food and beverage saves time, resources and overall implementation costs by leveraging our state-of-the-art predefined templates, documents and configuration tools that are all tightly integrated within Selerant’s proven and world-class project management best practices,” said Federico Fontanella, Director of Product Management at Selerant.
DevEX Baseline’s three configuration profiles offer PLM options for any food and beverage company, regardless of size or maturity of existing processes around PLM:
- Express Configuration is for companies that need standard product data and do not have well-defined business processes for change control of the product data.
- Standard Configuration is for companies that want to control product development with structured status management phases and more detailed product data templates.
- Plus Configuration is for companies with complex business processes that need version control, specification templates, and process reporting.
DevEX PLM Baseline Food and Beverage Templates save time, resources, and overall implementation costs by leveraging state-of-the-art and predefined templates, documents and configuration tools that are all tightly integrated within Selerant’s proven and world-class project management best practices. These templates include:
- Ingredients Management: Implements creation, approval, promotion and activation processes for ingredients and their specifications.
- Packaging Management: Implements creation, approval and activation processes for packaging materials and their specifications.
- Finished Product Management: Implements creation, approval and activation processes for finished products and their specifications.
- Product Development: Food and beverage driven formula development integrated with approval workflows for recipes and their specifications.
- Regulatory: Implements single and multi-product labels, nutritional parameters and regulatory substances management.
- Product type specific functionalities: juices, alcoholic beverages and cereal products.
"Food manufacturers need to get products to shelf faster than ever while remaining compliant, and our DevEX Baseline system can help them get up and running in a fraction of the time a complex PLM implementation typically takes,” said Sunil Thomas, Selerant’s Chief Operations Officer, North America.
Existing core DexEX customers can obtain an assessment of their current installation to determine potential efficiencies incorporating DevEX Baseline. For more information or to request a demo visit: www.selerant.com/devex-baseline
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Founded in 1990, Selerant Corporation is a leading global provider of formula-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software and consulting services within three core process manufacturing segments: Food & Beverages, Personal Care/Pharmaceutical and Specialty Chemicals. From idea to label, Selerant ensures compliance and facilitates innovation for the entirety of formula-based PLM. Selerant has offices in the United States, Italy, China, Germany, France, Switzerland, India, Serbia, and Ukraine.
Selerant food and beverage customers include:
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Company
- Perfetti Van Melle
- Hillshire Brands
- Continental Mills
Visit Selerant online at www.selerant.com.